In today’s Boston Globe – Glen Johnson Politics Editor at boston.com and lead blogger for “Political Intelligence” notes that by this time next year that presidential race and our local Massachusetts U. S. Senate race will be history – already decide by the voters. While Election Day isn’t until November 6, 2012, the campaigns are in full swing… debates, political pushing, shoving and shuffling, fund raising, cross-country treks, presidential primaries and caucuses, state convention caucuses – are all ongoing, imminent or in the offing.
Are the voters ready or paying attention? Johnson says: ” One year out, the battle is joined, whether or not voters are ready for it.”
Read the full article here at boston.com.
Today Glen Johnson and others will gather in Lowell to examine the year ahead in presidential politics. The discussion – “What to Look for in the 2012 Presidential Primaries” moderated by UMass Lowell Chancellor Marty Meehan – will take place at the UMass Lowell Inn & Conference Center.
- Charlie Baker, Massachusetts politician and businessman
- Joe Battenfeld, journalist and Boston Herald contributor
- Jennifer Myers, Lowell Sun reporter
- Glen Johnson, Boston Globe reporter and Political Intelligence columnist
- Prof. Frank Talty, Director of Academic Programs in the UMass Lowell College of Fine Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences and Director of the UMass Lowell Center for Public Opinion