Here are the answers to this week’s Tuesday Trivia questions:
6) What Lowell boxer represented the United States at the 1924 Olympic Games?
* Al Mello a.k.a. Al Tavares
7) Which country’s national anthem was written by a person who lived in Lowell?
* Canada – the song is “O Canada” written in 1880 by Calixa Lavallée
8) How many Roman Catholic churches in Lowell were originally founded as French Canadian parishes?
* Six: Saint Louis de France, Saint Jeanne D’Arc, Saint Jean Baptiste, Saint Marie, Notre Dame de Lourdes and Saint Joseph
9) What famous national monument had its stairs built by the Lowell-based American Safety Tread Company?
* The Statue of Liberty
10) Name one of the two movies in which Lowell-born Bette Davis won an Academy Award?
* Dangerous (1935) or Jezebel (1938)