- Sunday, June 18: 12:00 pm Mass in French honoring St. Jean Baptiste. (French/English worship aid provided.) At Immaculate Conception Church, 144 E. Merrimack St., Lowell, MA. Light refreshments and naming of the Greater-Lowell Franco-American of the Year will follow in downstairs church hall. (Stair-free access on Fayette St. for upper-church handicap drop-off. Downstairs lift accessible from the church parking lot, using door closest to E. Merrimack St.)
- Tuesday, June 20: 6:30-8:30 pm Québec, St. Jean Baptiste, and Poutine: A Free Slide Presentation and Talk by Marie-Josée Duquette of the Québec Office in Boston at the Dracut Public Library, 28 Arlington St, Dracut, MA. There’ll be history, humor, and light refreshments for anyone interested in learning about a holiday celebrated by Québec folks everywhere — and the ultimate comfort food created in Québec and taking the world by storm.
- Thursday, June 22: 6:30-8:30 pm Family Bingo in French and English, St. at Rita’s Church Hall, 158 Mammoth Rd, Lowell, MA. Bingo cards $2 each or three for $5. Snacks and beverages provided.
- Friday, June 23: 6:30 pm Vesper Service honoring St. Jean Baptiste at the Lourdes Grotto, 357 Pawtucket St., Lowell, MA, behind the Franco Residences. (Bring your own chair!) Wine and Cheese Social to follow in the Community Room of the Residences.
- Saturday, June 24: 10:00 AM Flag Raising at Lowell City Hall, followed by coffee and donuts. (Outdoors if weather is favorable; in City Hall if rainy.)
- Saturday, June 24, 6:00-10:00 pm French Quadrilles and Contra Dances at the Mt. Pleasant Golf Club, 141 Staples St., Lowell, MA. Free admission! Live music from Don and Cindy Roy of Maine! No partner or experience needed! Free snacks and beverages! Cash bar!
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org