Richard P Howe Jr
Middlesex North Register of Deeds
Richard P Howe Jr seeks reelection as the Register of Deeds of the Middlesex North District in 2018.
The Register of Deeds oversees the Middlesex North Registry of Deeds which maintains all land ownership records from 1629 to the present for the Massachusetts communities of Billerica, Carlisle, Chelmsford, Dracut, Dunstable, Lowell, Tewksbury, Tyngsborough, Westford and Wilmington.
Because of his education and experience in law, history and technology, Howe has made Middlesex North one of the most technologically advanced registries of deeds in Massachusetts. All records from colonial times to the present have been scanned and are freely available on the registry website and 55% of all new records are recorded electronically which greatly increases the efficiency of the registry.
The registry also maintains a fully-staffed customer service department. A human being will answer your call, usually on the first ring at (978) 322-9000.
Richard Howe’s Background
- Providence College, BA in Political Science
- Salem State University, MA in History
- Suffolk University Law School, JD
- U.S. Army – 1980-1984 – Captain, Military Intelligence
- Law Office of Richard P Howe – 1986-1995 – Attorney
- Middlesex North Registry of Deeds – 1995 to present
- Past President, Massachusetts Registers of Deeds Association
- Editor, Massachusetts Deed Indexing Standards
- Co-editor, Merrimack Valley Housing Review
- Columnist, Real Estate Bar Association of Massachusetts Quarterly Newspaper
- Founder, Lowell Walks
- Tour Guide, Lowell Cemetery
- Founder, RichardHowe.com blog
- Lowell: Images of Modern America
- Lowell Municipal Elections, 1965-2015
- Legendary Locals of Lowell (with Chaim Rosenberg)
- History as It Happens (co-editor with Paul Marion)